Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Taken by surprise

When you are new to a field, you need to be extra alert. Gabee was a hostess and new in the game. I was waiting in reception after my dinner, while the manager was sorting out an issue with my check. I suddenly turned to my waitress number 2, Demee, and asked her if she would take my picture with Gabee and she agreed. Gabee could not refuse. It was obvious from her body language that Gabee was not comfortable with the scenario. To make things worse, with her permission, I also took a couple of solo shots. As if it would make her feel better, Demee told Gabee "he is doing this with everybody". That did not cheer Gabee up and she was sad until I left, probably cursing her inadequacy in thinking on her feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your valuable comments or opinion or information